Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 1 of the 365 Day Photo Challenge

Day 1

Yes, I have managed to get sucked into the 365 day photo challenge thanks to Dorian and Kim. But mainly, I figured why not document the important and sentimental (to me of course!) parts of Carbondale while I still have the time?

This bridge is located in the Japanese garden which is on the SIUC campus. This bridge (and the whole garden) has meant so much to me over these past five years. The first time I was brought to the garden was by Kim my freshman year. After I was introduced to this place, I wrote stories between classes while sitting on one of the benches and just came to this beautiful place when I needed to think.

Then Sophomore year came. This was the year that I got to introduce the garden to the people who would mold my college years into the most special days of my life. I brought my boy friend here when we were just starting to become friends and I remember just sitting on one of the benches in the garden for hours, talking and just being ourselves. I believe this garden was what honestly brought us together (and of course my cuteness ;)) Also, during this year, my friends and I had a photo shoot all over campus for my birthday. We (minus Kim since she was taking the picture) all took a picture on this bridge and to me that picture is one I will honestly cherish forever.

Since those days, my boyfriend and I have visited this garden as much as possible and it's still one of the places that I go to today just to think. This bridge and the garden have helped me become the person I am today. And as I move on in life, I hope that others will be able to create just as many memories as I have in this garden.

2 comments:

  1. It's such a great place! I love that if you sit on the bench by the pond, you can see the clocktower glowing at night!

    Good luck on your 365ing! If you need an accountability partner.... (I AM on day 93 afterall1 ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your input on the pictures!

    I cant wait to read tomorrows!!
    (mine for today isnt going to be posted till tomorrow since I dont have time to upload the new picture)

    ReplyDelete