Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 5 & 6 - Yes, I'm a day behind :(

But, I plan on making up for it!

Day 5 - Friday

Today was honestly a normal day for me. I went to my internship, went to midas to get my air conditioning fixed and then went to work with the babies at my job. However, one thing did throw me off a bit that day. I was put into Toddler Reef, which I was super excited about! I haven't worked with the toddlers since last summer and I really missed working with the little cuties! However... I don't know if it was just the combination of toddlers in the room but it was horrible. One of the toddlers were going through the "I don't want to share" phase and whenever one of the other kids had a toy she just HAD to have it. And then the other child was just beyond spoiled in my opinion. I don't mean to say stuff like this but the toddler would NOT let me put him down since his mom handed him to me in the room. I understand babies cry when their parents leave but the first time I attempted to put this little guy down; he clung to my neck and started crying extremely loud in my ear. Even when I readjusted him on hip he would like freak out! This little boy was basically around my neck the WHOLE 3 hours and 15 minutes. Not kidding you. Not to mention he managed to sneeze all over me at some point lol. So, i hate complaining because I love this job (it's definitely not like McDonalds!). But maybe I'm growing out of Toddler Reef? lol. Who would've guessed considering how much I love babies! But I think it's time to start working with the older children! Or maybe the smaller babies! Anyway, after my shift was over, I came back to my apartment had a glass of wine and hung out with Justin for a little bit before watching 27 dresses after he left! lol

Day 5


Day 6 - Saturday

Yesterday was a fun day! Thank goodness! lol. I cleaned my room (which was a fun thing for me because I got to listen to really loud music and procrastinate while cleaning my room lol). I got a little bit more done on my room when i realized that I have been saving an empty candle that I got from Kim for Christmas for a reason. The candle is really cool! It was cupcake scented and the candle holder is actually in the shape of a cupcake (the closest thing possible to find for a muffin these days! lol). So what I wanted to do was change the candle into a jewelry box since I didn't want to throw the candle holder away. I went to Hobby lobby to buy some white paint, came back and painted the inside of the cupcake and now it is officially a jewelry box! Yay! lol. I think living with Dorian is giving me a chance to express my creative side ;)

Day 6

1 comment: