Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 8 & 9 - Quiet your mind

I feel the change Goin' on all around me
It's strange  How I'm taken and guided
Where I end up right I'm needed to be
Quiet your mind Soak it all in
It's a game you can't win
Enjoy the ride
- Zac Brown Band 
 
I think everyone who knows me has understood (or at least listened to me whine) about the upcoming changes in my life. I've cried, I've been angry, and at one point I was even just down right depressed. But something has changed within me these past few days (maybe it was the enormous amount of thinking I got to do on the 12 hour  round trip to West Lafayette for my interview lol) and I think I'm ready for this new chapter in my life. No it's not going to be easy - it's going to be super weird leaving Carbondale for good (after five years and a whollleee lot of memories) and actually starting a career. And it's going to be weird possibly being somewhere new. Heck, I don't even know where I'm going to be in June! lol. But I'm finally ready for it. I could either fight the plan that has been laid out for me or just go with the flow and enjoy the road that will be traveled. Or I'm just honestly to the point where I've worried about my worries so much that I'm just exhausted and need someone else to worry for me! lol. Either way, I'm looking forward to the changes and I hope that my prayers will help to the pave the road that I would like to see exist for me :)  And I guess if needed a few twists and turns can be added to my 'dream' plan lol :)


Day 8 - On my way back from West Lafayette :)
Day 9 - Ernie (my car) hit 130,000 miles on my road trip. I only put 18,000 of those miles on him in the past 1 1/2 years. He's getting old for sure lol.



1 comment:

  1. You can always check your rear view mirror on the road of life and see me there waving. :)

    I will always cover your back muffin, and I couldn't be prouder of everything you have done so far
    <3

    ReplyDelete