Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bears vs. Packers & other hypocritical nonsense.

So here I am watching the football game, realizing that I haven't watched a Bears game their whole season. I know I like the Bears as a team, and I was raised in a family that watches Chicago football or baseball games every time their scheduled to be on T.V. So why is it I only watch when the Bears are having a good season, and are in the playoffs when i understand nothing really about football besides the fact that a touchdown is when you score. And i know this isn't true for only me but millions of others people (probably mostly women). But in my mind it almost seems silly. To only like and watch a team when they're being successful. Honestly, if the Bears would've sucked and didn't make it this far into their season I wouldn't even be watching this game right now. So i guess the point of my blog today is how did society become so... hypocritical? I know i'm not the only one who does this like i mentioned about. But then it makes me wonder what else are people hypocritical about? Like lately i've been going to church (second time today) but I look around and there's the people like me who go on Sunday because the belief is there. But then there's the true believers and I find that so inspiring. I wish that i could be like that and maybe one day I will but today standing in that room, i felt almost like a hypocrite. I know I believe but then I worry that I could never reached the point where I can sing or read the bible with TRUE belief. And i know this list could just go on and on about the world and how people can be hypocritical and maybe it's not a BAD thing. Maybe the world needs some hypocrites because then how would people learn what they truly are? I kind of see being a hypocrite as being in the middle. You know you believe in something but you don't go the whole way. Everyone needs a middle on some things but some things (such as religion) definitely shouldn't have a middle. So i either have to get with the groove or get out i guess. And right now, the bears are loosing :(. 

No comments:

Post a Comment