Thursday, January 27, 2011

My First Counseling Sessions...

Today, I'm going to be having my first counseling sessions. The first adolescent I plan on seeing is more of a mentoring session while the other adolescent will be a 12-week counseling client. Both of these things make me nervous. I'm nervous because I have learned about counseling for kind of 3 years now. (And i say kind-of because I've technically only had one class on interviewing skills and some random bits of information here and there. BUT this semester I do have a children's counseling class which should be AWESOME!) Anyway, it makes me nervous because of my lack of experience and all lack of education about the whole process. BUT, i was lucky enough to have one of my supervisors walk me through an actual session which was really cool! I'm pretty sure i'll be alright as long as I have a lot of guidance from my supervisors and honestly... I think guidance from God is going to play a huge role in this event.

I say that because I'm an intern at a Christian counseling center. I have never been very faithful in my life (i think i mentioned this before) but recently, I've found God again and I hope he can help me through this! Well, the reason why i am writing this blog is to pass some time but also to quote some of the amazing bible passages I found while preparing for my client's.


"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight" - Peter 3: 3 - 4. 


"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things" - Colossians 3:2


"The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart" - 1 Samuel 16:7 


I thought these were just truly amazing quotes, especially for a young adolescent girl who has self-esteem problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment